Article 3 -CONTACT: The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: Drop Cap Design. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org The Data Controller and operator of the Website are one and the same.
Article 4 - LOCATION: Please be advised the data processing activities take place in the United States, outside the European Economic Area. Data may also be transferred to companies within the United States, but will only be done so in a manner that complies with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR. The location where the data processing activities take place is as follows: 109 W Callendar St, W2 Livingston, MT 59047
Article 6 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU: Depending on how you use our Website, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection: a) Unregistered users: If you are a passive user of the Website and do not register for any purchases or other service, you may still be subject to certain passive data collection ("Passive Data Collection"). Such Passive Data Collection may include through cookies, as described below, IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information. b) All users: The Passive Data Collection that applies to Unregistered users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of our Website. c) Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the goods or services on the Website, you will be asked to provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so that you may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information will not be stored and will be used exclusively to assist with your one-time purchase. d) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Data, such as your name and email address, for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through your voluntary disclosure and you will be asked to affirmatively opt-in to email marketing communications. e) User Experience: From time to time we may request information from you to assist us in improving our Website, and the Goods and Services we sell, such as demographic information or your particular preferences. f) Content Interaction: Our Website may allow you to comment on the content that we provide or the content that other users provide, such as blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, we may collect some Personal Data from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address. g) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of your Personal Data in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update our Website for your and other consumers' use. We may also share such aggregated information with others.
Article 9 - HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED: We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction. Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data. Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data. In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 10 - PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA: We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Website and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Website. Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies. Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following: a) Improving your personal user experience b) Marketing and advertising to you, including via email c) Fulfilling your purchases d) Providing customer service to you e) Advising you about updates to the Website or related Items
Article 12 - OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US: From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Website such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: email@example.com. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications. Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Website or about your account with us. By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Website in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 13 - MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION: If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may reach out to us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Effective Date: 08.01.2021
THE AGREEMENT: The use of this website and services on this website provided by Drop Cap Design, LLC (hereinafter referred to as "Company") are subject to the following Terms & Conditions (hereinafter the "Agreement"), all parts and sub-parts of which are specifically incorporated by reference here. This Agreement shall govern the use of all pages on this website (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Website") and any services provided by or on this Website ("Services").
1) DEFINITIONS The parties referred to in this Agreement shall be defined as follows: a) Company, Us, We: The Company, as the creator, operator, and publisher of the Website, makes the Website, and certain Services on it, available to users. Drop Cap Design, LLC, Company, Us, We, Our, Ours and other first-person pronouns will refer to the Company, as well as all employees and affiliates of the Company. b) You, the User, the Client: You, as the user of the Website, will be referred to throughout this Agreement with second-person pronouns such as You, Your, Yours, or as User or Client. c) Parties: Collectively, the parties to this Agreement (the Company and You) will be referred to as Parties.
2) ASSENT & ACCEPTANCE By using the Website, You warrant that You have read and reviewed this Agreement and that You agree to be bound by it. If You do not agree to be bound by this Agreement, please leave the Website immediately. The Company only agrees to provide use of this Website and Services to You if You assent to this Agreement.
3) AGE RESTRICTION You must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to use this Website or any Services contained herein. By using this Website, You represent and warrant that You are at least 18 years of age and may legally agree to this Agreement. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of Your age.
4) LICENSE TO USE WEBSITE The Company may provide You with certain information as a result of Your use of the Website or Services. Such information may include, but is not limited to, documentation, data, or information developed by the Company, and other materials which may assist in Your use of the Website or Services ("Company Materials"). Subject to this Agreement, the Company grants You a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable and revocable license to use the Company Materials solely in connection with Your use of the Website and Services. The Company Materials may not be used for any other purpose, and this license terminates upon Your cessation of use of the Website or Services or at the termination of this Agreement.
5) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY You agree that the Website and all Services provided by the Company are the property of the Company, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property ("Company IP"). You agree that the Company owns all right, title and interest in and to the Company IP and that You will not use the Company IP for any unlawful or infringing purpose. You agree not to reproduce or distribute the Company IP in any way, including electronically or via registration of any new trademarks, trade names, service marks or Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), without express written permission from the Company.
6) ACCEPTABLE USE You agree not to use the Website or Services for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website or Services in any way that could damage the Website, Services, or general business of the Company. a) You further agree not to use the Website or Services: I) To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person's legal rights; II) To violate any intellectual property rights of the Company or any third party; III) To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another; IV) To perpetrate any fraud; V) To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme; VI) To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material; VII) To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate, or discrimination towards any group; VIII) To unlawfully gather information about others.
7) AFFILIATE MARKETING & ADVERTISING The Company, through the Website and Services, may engage in affiliate marketing whereby the Company receives a commission on or percentage of the sale of goods or services on or through the Website. The Company may also accept advertising and sponsorships from commercial businesses or receive other forms of advertising compensation. This disclosure is intended to comply with the US Federal Trade Commission Rules on marketing and advertising, as well as any other legal requirements which may apply.
8) PRIVACY INFORMATION Through Your Use of the Website and Services, You may provide Us with certain information. By using the Website or the Services, You authorize the Company to use Your information in the United States and any other country where We may operate. a) Information We May Collect or Receive: Depending on how You use Our Website or Services, We may receive information from external applications You use to access Our Website, or We may receive information through various web technologies, such as cookies, log files, clear gifs, web beacons or others. b) How We Use Information: We use the information gathered from You to ensure Your continued good experience on Our website. We may also track certain of the passive information received to improve Our marketing and analytics, and for this, We may work with third-party providers, including other marketers. c) How You Can Protect Your Information: If You would like to disable Our access to any passive information We receive from the use of various technologies, You may choose to disable cookies in Your web browser.
9) SALES The Company may sell goods or services or allow third parties to sell goods or services on the Website. The Company undertakes to be as accurate as possible with all information regarding the goods and services, including product descriptions and images. However, the Company does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any product information, and You acknowledge and agree that You purchase such products at Your own risk.
10) SHIPPING/DELIVERY/RETURN POLICY You agree to ensure payment for any items You may purchase from Us, and You acknowledge and affirm that prices are subject to change. When purchasing a physical good, You agree to provide Us with a valid email and shipping address, as well as valid billing information. We reserve the right to reject or cancel an order for any reason, including errors or omissions in the information that You provide to us. If We do so after payment has been processed, We will issue a refund to You in the amount of the purchase price. We also may request additional information from You prior to confirming a sale, and We reserve the right to place any additional restrictions on the sale of any of Our products. You agree to ensure payment for any items You may purchase from Us, and You acknowledge and affirm that prices are subject to change. For the sale of physical products, We may preauthorize Your credit or debit card at the time You place the order, or We may simply charge Your card upon shipment. You agree to monitor Your method of payment. Shipment costs and dates are subject to change from the costs and dates that You are quoted due to unforeseen circumstances. For any questions, concerns, or disputes, You agree to contact Us in a timely manner at the following: email@example.com. If you are unhappy with anything you have purchased on our Website, you may do the following: All sales are final.
11) REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY You agree not to undertake any of the following actions: a) Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer or disassemble any code or software from or on the Website or Services; b) Violate the security of the Website or Services through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining or interference to any host, user or network.
12) DATA LOSS The Company does not accept responsibility for the security of Your account or content. You agree that Your use of the Website or Services is at Your own risk.
13) INDEMNIFICATION You agree to defend and indemnify the Company and any of its affiliates (if applicable) and hold Us harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney's fees, which may arise from or relate to Your use or misuse of the Website or Services, Your breach of this Agreement, or Your conduct or actions. You agree that the Company shall be able to select its own legal counsel and may participate in its own defense, if the Company wishes.
14) SPAM POLICY You are strictly prohibited from using the Website or any of the Company's Services for illegal spam activities, including gathering email addresses and personal information from others or sending any mass commercial emails.
15) THIRD-PARTY LINKS & CONTENT The Company may occasionally post links to third party websites or other services. You agree that the Company is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of Your use of any third party services linked to from Our Website.
16) MODIFICATION & VARIATION The Company may, from time to time and at any time without notice to You, modify this Agreement. You agree that the Company has the right to modify this Agreement or revise anything contained herein. You further agree that all modifications to this Agreement are in full force and effect immediately upon posting on the Website and that modifications or variations will replace any prior version of this Agreement, unless prior versions are specifically referred to or incorporated into the latest modification or variation of this Agreement. a) To the extent any part or sub-part of this Agreement is held ineffective or invalid by any court of law, You agree that the prior, effective version of this Agreement shall be considered enforceable and valid to the fullest extent. b) You agree to routinely monitor this Agreement and refer to the Effective Date posted at the top of this Agreement to note modifications or variations. You further agree to clear Your cache when doing so to avoid accessing a prior version of this Agreement. You agree that Your continued use of the Website after any modifications to this Agreement is a manifestation of Your continued assent to this Agreement. c) In the event that You fail to monitor any modifications to or variations of this Agreement, You agree that such failure shall be considered an affirmative waiver of Your right to review the modified Agreement.
17) ENTIRE AGREEMENT This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the Parties with respect to any and all use of this Website. This Agreement supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written or oral, regarding the use of this Website.
18) SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS The Company may need to interrupt Your access to the Website to perform maintenance or emergency services on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that Your access to the Website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, but that the Company shall have no liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
19) TERM, TERMINATION & SUSPENSION The Company may terminate this Agreement with You at any time for any reason, with or without cause. The Company specifically reserves the right to terminate this Agreement if You violate any of the terms outlined herein, including, but not limited to, violating the intellectual property rights of the Company or a third party, failing to comply with applicable laws or other legal obligations, and/or publishing or distributing illegal material. If You have registered for an account with Us, You may also terminate this Agreement at any time by contacting Us and requesting termination. At the termination of this Agreement, any provisions that would be expected to survive termination by their nature shall remain in full force and effect.
20) NO WARRANTIES You agree that Your use of the Website and Services is at Your sole and exclusive risk and that any Services provided by Us are on an "As Is" basis. The Company hereby expressly disclaims any and all express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. The Company makes no warranties that the Website or Services will meet Your needs or that the Website or Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. The Company also makes no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the Website or obtained through the Services. You agree that any damage that may occur to You, through Your computer system, or as a result of loss of Your data from Your use of the Website or Services is Your sole responsibility and that the Company is not liable for any such damage or loss.
21) LIMITATION ON LIABILITY The Company is not liable for any damages that may occur to You as a result of Your use of the Website or Services, to the fullest extent permitted by law. The maximum liability of the Company arising from or relating to this Agreement is limited to the greater of one hundred ($100) US Dollars or the amount You paid to the Company in the last six (6) months. This section applies to any and all claims by You, including, but not limited to, lost profits or revenues, consequential or punitive damages, negligence, strict liability, fraud, or torts of any kind.
22) GENERAL PROVISIONS: a) LANGUAGE: All communications made or notices given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in the English language. b) JURISDICTION, VENUE & CHOICE OF LAW: Through Your use of the Website or Services, You agree that the laws of the State of Montana shall govern any matter or dispute relating to or arising out of this Agreement, as well as any dispute of any kind that may arise between You and the Company, with the exception of its conflict of law provisions. In case any litigation specifically permitted under this Agreement is initiated, the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the following county: Park County, Montana. The Parties agree that this choice of law, venue, and jurisdiction provision is not permissive, but rather mandatory in nature. You hereby waive the right to any objection of venue, including assertion of the doctrine of forum non conveniens or similar doctrine. c) ARBITRATION: In case of a dispute between the Parties relating to or arising out of this Agreement, the Parties shall first attempt to resolve the dispute personally and in good faith. If these personal resolution attempts fail, the Parties shall then submit the dispute to binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted in the following county: Park. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single arbitrator, and such arbitrator shall have no authority to add Parties, vary the provisions of this Agreement, award punitive damages, or certify a class. The arbitrator shall be bound by applicable and governing Federal law as well as the law of the following state: Montana. Each Party shall pay their own costs and fees. Claims necessitating arbitration under this section include, but are not limited to: contract claims, tort claims, claims based on Federal and state law, and claims based on local laws, ordinances, statutes or regulations. Intellectual property claims by the Company will not be subject to arbitration and may, as an exception to this sub-part, be litigated. The Parties, in agreement with this sub-part of this Agreement, waive any rights they may have to a jury trial in regard to arbitral claims. d) ASSIGNMENT: This Agreement, or the rights granted hereunder, may not be assigned, sold, leased or otherwise transferred in whole or part by You. Should this Agreement, or the rights granted hereunder, by assigned, sold, leased or otherwise transferred by the Company, the rights and liabilities of the Company will bind and inure to any assignees, administrators, successors, and executors. e) SEVERABILITY: If any part or sub-part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of law or competent arbitrator, the remaining parts and sub-parts will be enforced to the maximum extent possible. In such condition, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force. f) NO WAIVER: In the event that We fail to enforce any provision of this Agreement, this shall not constitute a waiver of any future enforcement of that provision or of any other provision. Waiver of any part or sub-part of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any other part or sub-part. g) HEADINGS FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY: Headings of parts and sub-parts under this Agreement are for convenience and organization, only. Headings shall not affect the meaning of any provisions of this Agreement. h) NO AGENCY, PARTNERSHIP OR JOINT VENTURE: No agency, partnership, or joint venture has been created between the Parties as a result of this Agreement. No Party has any authority to bind the other to third parties. i) FORCE MAJEURE: The Company is not liable for any failure to perform due to causes beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of civil authorities, acts of military authorities, riots, embargoes, acts of nature and natural disasters, and other acts which may be due to unforeseen circumstances. j) ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS PERMITTED: Electronic communications are permitted to both Parties under this Agreement, including e-mail or fax. For any questions or concerns, please email Us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website listed above, hereinafter referred to as "Website" is operated by the following party: Drop Cap Design, LLC, a limited liability company, organized under the laws of the state of Montana (hereinafter referred to as "Operator") For any questions or comments regarding this Refund Policy, the Operator may be reached at the following contact points: email@example.com Customers may request a refund on digital goods sold within 1 month of receipt. To be eligible for a return the following conditions must be met:
Customer must provide proof of sale and proof of attempt at completing all steps within a digital course program without seeing results. Student must have watched every video, participated in the online community, and show genuine effort in course materials in order to be approved for a refund.
No refunds are permitted on the sale of services. All sales exceeding a 30 day window are final.
The Sunday Edition is a weekly digital newspaper and an invitation to slow down, find inspiration, and learn something new about entrepreneurship, branding, and productivity. Pour your favorite beverage, settle in, and read the latest in design + [small] business.
The Sunday Edition is the kind of inspirational content I want to ingest, It’s a way to begin the week with some positivity and motivation. It ignites my drive to continue my work and strive for results.
Explore The Edit - our collective list of tools, programs, products, travel finds, and resources to guide you on the path towards entrepreneurship, with our signature dose of style & adventure. We’ve tried it all so you don’t have to — this edited list is curated especially for you.
Drop Cap Design is a branding studio specializing in brand strategy, visual design, and editorial content development. Our name comes from the drop cap, a typographic storytelling device used to begin a great story. We are dedicated to developing and telling the stories of small brands who want to make a profound impact.